Section 21 on SPT and during fixed term
General Discussion

1,536 Thanks
7,401 Posts
10 years ago
My tenants fixed term ends 5th April,we have agreed he is going to go onto SPT for more flexibility with him giving me one months notice from pay day and me giving him two.

We may need to give him notice as we are waiting on builders to do improvements.
In light of Spencer v Taylor

1. Which Section 21 notice form do we use after the fixed term?
2. Does it have to be served on payday finishing 2 months later?
3. if we decide we want him to leave one month into the SPT ie 5th May and we are still in the fixed term ie before 5th April which Sec 21 form would we use and when would we be able to serve this.?

Sorry to ask but I have only ever done one Sec 21 and not sure if the ruling changes anything.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.