General Discussion

0 Thanks
13 Posts
10 years ago
Hi All

Hope your all having a lovely Monday!! I have a bit of problem and hope I can get some advice. Basically we took a tenant, who had a Guarantor - we sent out the form as usual and it was duly returned with copy gas bill, bank statement, business account and a copy of their passport all signed and witnessed and the tenancy started.

The tenant is now in substantial arrears and I have been chasing the Guarantor who has stated that his son (our tenant) managed to intercept the deed of guarantee and then stole the various documents, forged his signature had it all witnessed and is basically refusing to help! I've spoken to the police who have said this is a civil matter! Is this correct? Our usual procedure is to start legal action but I need to establish where I stand.

Thank you

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.