I require some advice please

1 Thanks
8 Posts
9 years ago
I am a private landlord and have been renting our property since Aug '12 to the same person. However, the tenants have split up in Dec' 13 and since this date- the one tenant left is not keeping the property as agreed.
In addition, our mortgage has doubled and I am finding that I am paying an additional £100 each month for our tenant to disfigure the property.
Am I within my rights to ask to inspect the property, get our tenant to rectify what is wrong and with the required two months notice put the rent up so that it covers the mortgage or could this somehow be misunderstood/interpreted.
Thank you for your time.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.