Tenants partner left and wants new AST
General Discussion

0 Thanks
100 Posts
10 years ago
I had a couple with a baby on the way rent my property last year. The young lady now informs me her partner has left and she needs the AST in her name to claim benefits.

Do I have to get written notice from the partner that has left and wants to terminate the contract?

How soon can I give the young lady a new AST. Can it only be after receiving written notice from the partner thats left?

The deposit is with DPS, does this need to be taken out and then represented in the single tenants name?

ps I believe they are still on talking terms and communicate with each other.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.