Rent Arrears

0 Thanks
15 Posts
8 years ago
I have just read about "passporting" in the RLA magazine, where a landlord gets back her unpaid rent (housing benefit) years later.

Can it work in my situation.

My tenant`s rent was being paid directly to me until May of 2013. Then it stopped. Housing benefit office told me that they were waiting for some information from my tenant. The tenant told me that all they wanted was a copy of the Bank statement. She also told me that this was not available as she was not receiving any post.

Anyway, I had to evict the tenant after 8 months of lost rent.

She is still receiving the Housing benefit at her new place. This is what her dad told me.

Tenant is a young woman with 4 little children under the age of 5.

I do not know what exactly "passporting" is, but is it possible I can persuade council to give me my lost rent?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.