Acting as Letting Agent for friend
Letting Agents

1 Thanks
23 Posts
10 years ago
I have agreed to act as letting agent for a friend who has a house to let but due to personal circs can't run it himself.
I'm aware of the issue with protecting deposits as he is the owner.
Is there an agreement he should sign to give me permission to act on his behalf? I want to take all the strain so be able to arrange insurance, gas safety, paying c tax while empty etc. We'll be using an estate agent to advertise property and find tenants, do the checks etc.


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.