Need to regin possession now in PERIODIC TENANCY
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

0 Thanks
9 Posts
10 years ago

I have a tenant that has gone into rent arrears and I would like her to leave. She had a 6 month AST and also signed a Section 21(b) at the beginning of the 6 month period. So here we are in month 7 and she has dropped onto the PERIODIC TENANCY. According to the RLA:

"The 2nd set of rules covers the SERVICE of the notice AFTER the tenancy agreement has ended. The Landlord has never served a S21 notice before. If he has, he can rely on the earlier notice."

So as she signed the S21(b) does that mean I do not need to serve a S21(a)? If I don't need to, do I simply write to her stating she has 2 calendar months to leave. Is there a standard temple letter?

Many thanks


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.