Criminal damage
General Discussion

1,690 Thanks
5,307 Posts
9 years ago
A friend called last night.

They have CCTV of their tenants (housing benefit) son (10 years old ) breaking the front door of the building (a block of private flats).

Normally just a case of taking to police .. but they actually would like the tenant to go. I have said just go to court and get them removed, "you want the property back etc".

But I wondered if this evidence from last Saturday could in anyway be used to speak to the council to help in getting them re houses? i know that sounds around the wrong way .. but it's logical ..

damage done, tenant evicted, tenant needs home.


maybe council know whats coming (due to damage) and may entertain rehousing?

anybody been here before?

ps - tenant is a drug user, and now deals drugs from property, hence the owner wishing for her to go .. tenant is unaware of anything yet. HB pay monies direct .. so no fear of it stopping while evicting.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.