Couple who have separated, one party wants the full deposit
Tenancy Deposits

0 Thanks
3 Posts
9 years ago
Hello all,

I have rented this property to the couple for 3 years now. Recently they have decided to go there separate ways, leaving the Miss in the house who is now paying the rent.
As far as I was aware, the deposit and rent was paid by both of them equally.
The gent who left the property is now demanding a full return of the deposit as he is the one who laid the funds out.
Is this my issue to sort between both parties?
I have spoken with the tenant and she states that they didn't split it equally there wasn't a split divide of who paid what but he did not pay the full deposit.
I am a little unsure of how to respond to paying him the full deposit?
Any advice would be much appreciated!

thank you

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.