Minimum tenancy term before a s21 can be actioned.
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

0 Thanks
3 Posts
9 years ago
I may need to move a tenant from one property to another and am trying to confirm what is the shortest duration of a fixed term tenancy agreement before a s 21 can be actioned, rather than served.
Is it 6 months, or can I give a 2 month, 1 week fixed term and issue a s21 on the day after the tenancy has started.
It's a long story about why I would want to do this, just checking out my options to move a tenant quickly who is causing a problem in one house and then end their tenancy with me totally. They seem will to move house, so this may be a less traumatic route rather than keeping them in the current house.
Advice gratefully received. Many thanks

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.