Boundary wall

1 Thanks
62 Posts
9 years ago
The Landlord who owns the property next to the one I rent out says that the wall that separates our properties is unsafe (it leans a little towards his property) He also says that it is my responsibility to repair it. Of course if that is the case I will do so but I am unsure as to who is responsible. I have downloaded from Land Registry site the Title register and this is what I found regarding this matter. Can anyone convert the following into something I understand? Thank you
Regards Elaine

"AND it is hereby agreed and declared that the walls and fences
separating the dwellinghouse and hereditaments hereby conveyed from the
adjoining dwellinghouses and hereditaments on the North Westerly and
South Easterly sides thereof respectively are mesne or party walls and
fences and shall at all times hereafter be used and enjoyed and
maintained and repaired accordingly."

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.