Council refusing access to property
General Discussion

0 Thanks
8 Posts
9 years ago

The council have taken a tenant out of our property and have are saying they cannot give back the keys as they have trouble getting hold of tenant and the tenant cannot find anywhere to store furniture. Housing benefit has stopped as of 7th of last month, they still have furniture at the property - can we change locks? Section 21 finishes 8th August.They have been rehoused by council elsewhere. This has been ongoing for months now and the council are saying we cannot enter as they are still tenants even though tenancy has expired. What can i legally do?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.