Tenant wanting letter to allow family to stay

0 Thanks
22 Posts
9 years ago

My tenant who has been in my flat is wanting her husband and daughter to stay in her flat with her and her two sons. Father and daughter have been living in Africa. He works for govt, and could never get a posting in uk. They have now decided after many years that they cant live apart, even though they are still husband/wife and not separated. Environmental health from local council have assessed for overcrowding and decided that there is no issue. Spoke to Council who said tenant should be giving me solicitor contact. Here is letter she ask me to write:

I am writing to confirm that I have agreed to allow Mrs and family to use of my flat for the current tenancy term.

I have no objection for her husband and daughter to join and her and two boys in use of said accommodation.

I will confirm with tenant about solicitor, as i need to speak with them first. Is there anything else i need to do to verify this is correct before i proceed?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.