Section 21
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

0 Thanks
32 Posts
9 years ago
The tenancy agreement started on the 6th of January 2014.

The tenant at the time was entitled to housing benefit.

The tenancy agreement was initially for 6 months then it turned into a rolling one month contract.

The tenant has recently started work so her housing benefits have stopped and she wants the local authority to re-house her into a smaller more affordable accommodation. The local authority is reluctant to find alternative accommodation unless I take steps to get the tenant to move out.

Am I right in thinking that if I issued the section 21 b notice on the 6th of January 2014 then I could take steps to get her to leave any time after the 6th of July 2014?.

The tenant wants me to write a letter to her stating that I want possession of the house by the 6th of October 2014.

Do I need to fill in any other forms to present to the tenant or should I provide a letter asking her to leave?.

What would be the easiest and fastest way to regain possession and ensure that the local authority will re house the tenant?.

Thank You

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £85 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.