Will the
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

0 Thanks
32 Posts
9 years ago
My tenant wants to move into smaller accommodation but the local authority will not help until I take action to repossess the property. The local authority said that the tenant needs a letter from me stating that I require the tenant to move.

The Section 21 ( b ) notice was issued on the 6th of January 2014, it was signed and dated by the tenant. The end date was shown as after the 5th of July 2014.

The tenant wants to move as soon as possible so do I really need to issue a N5B form or can I write a letter to the tenant stating that I require possession giving them say 2 weeks notice.

Do I need to give them notice even though the Section 21 b is in force?.

Thank You

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.