How can we obtain defaulting tenant's new address
Campaigning and Policy

6 Thanks
100 Posts
14 years ago
We have been given possession of our property under Section 8 which expired on 2nd January. We have applied for a Bailiff's Warrant and are awaiting a date. We understand she could delay this warrant if she has nowhere to go and continue living rent free. If this is correct is there a time limit or can this go on indefinitely. She says she has been 'advised' to stay on.

We understand a separate application can be made for the £2000 and accruing arrears and costs applicable but we need the tenant's forwarding address. Is it possible to obtain this via her National Insurance Number? We also know her place of work (if she does not leave her job to enable her to obtain more benefits). Can you advise on all the above scenarios.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.