Plant & Machinery Tax Allowance on a FHL
Tax Planning and Financial

0 Thanks
3 Posts
6 months ago

Hi, do I understand that where a property is a Furnished Holiday Let then you can offset against tax an amount for the 'plant & machinery' (e.g. the pipework, electrics, fixtures & fittings such as kitchen units & bathroom sanitaryware)?  if so can this be offset a bit each year over a period of years or does it have to be one lump sum in one tax year?

If a property consists of flats and some are let as a FHL and some are on long-term lets on an AST then I believe you can only claim for those as FHL.

I was going to get a chartered surveyor to assess the value of the plant & machinery element in the FHLs.

Kind regards,


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.