Replacing windows and paths

Jen & wayne
Jen & wayne
27 Thanks
146 Posts
1 month ago

After failing to get some work done on the green scheme, and trying to get ahead of expected EPC ratings being a minimum of a C, I have just had A rated double glazing fitted to a house that had single glazed windows. I was assuming that it would be tax deductible, but have recently read that it may help with capitol gains tax but not against income tax. I wish I knew this a month or 2 ago.

We are also having to have the paths replaced around 1 house as it is in really bad condition and the tenants son injured himself on it a few months ago. I need to make the place safe for the tenants.

We have shopped around for a couple of months and have gone with one of the cheaper quotes to have it replaced.

Does anyone know if this is this going to be a capitol gains expense or could it be claimed on income tax relief?

The repairs were really needed as the old paths were in very bad condition.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.