Can Local Authority Claim Overpayments from Me (Landlord
Housing Benefit Overpayment

2 Thanks
14 Posts
8 years ago
I have had a letter from my Local Authority asking for a £2700 overpayment regarding a current tenant, this overpayment is dating back to june 2011 up to Dec 2012. I was under the impression that we could appeal against the overpayment being claimed from us as we would not be aware of a change in the tenants circumstances, this being the cause of the overpayment. Benefits are still paid direct to me, can anyone help as the Benefits Office have said we can't appeal.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.