Since April 2007 all landlords who take a deposit from their tenant on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) in England and Wales must comply with the tenancy deposit protection legislation.
This means you must:
1. Protect the tenant's deposit with a government approved scheme within 30 calendar days of receiving it from the tenant.
2. Provide the tenant with the prescribed information within the same 30-day deadline.
The NRLA has partnered with TDS (previously DepositGuard) and mydeposits to provide you with a range of deposit protection options for your tenancies.
- Simple deposit protection for landlords, letting agents and tenants
- The only scheme to operate in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Jersey
- Government authorised tenancy deposit protection, protecting deposits since 2007
- Trusted, alternative dispute resolution service designed to resolve disputes quickly and fairly
- Part of the Hamilton Fraser family who have been providing specialist products for landlords since 1996
TDS (previously DepositGuard)
TDS (previously DepositGuard) offers competitive rates on Insured deposit protection and free Custodial deposit protection, in partnership with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme.