Since April 2007, all landlords who take a deposit from their tenant on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) in England and Wales* must comply with the tenancy deposit protection legislation.
This means you must:
- Protect the tenant's deposit with a government approved scheme within 30 calendar days of receiving it from the tenant
- Provide the tenant with the prescribed information within the same 30-day deadline
Choose the scheme to suit you
mydeposits provides landlords with a choice of deposit protection options:
- You hold the tenant’s deposit in your account during the tenancy
- NRLA members receive 30% off the deposit protection fee
- mydeposits holds the tenant’s deposit for the duration of the tenancy
- Free to join and use
Why choose mydeposits?
- You have complete control on how you choose to protect the deposit for the duration of the tenancy with our insurance and custodial schemes
- Protect your deposit in under 5 minutes and manage deposit protections online using your dedicated member area
- Outstanding service for all, providing an in-house team of expert advisers with service standards measured by government performance targets
30% discount for NRLA members
NRLA members get a 30% discount on the deposit protection fee when you protect a deposit with the mydeposits insurance based scheme in England and Wales. To claim your discount, you will need to verify your NRLA membership when you protect the deposit.
*There are different deposit protection laws for landlords in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Jersey.
Really good system, very easy to use. In the past the team have been very helpful and accommodating when I made an error and they willingly helped me out. Would highly recommend.Paul, Landlord
I have used mydeposits for years and it is simple, reasonably priced and easy to use. The new information they send has also been helpful. I have a number of properties and will continue using it.Richard, Landlord
I have used this company for many years now to protect the deposits I take on my rental properties. The service is very easy to use, I like the diary reminder one month before expiry. The certificate is very user friendly for the tenants with all the information in a simple format for both landlord and tenant. Fully recommend.Natalie, Landlord
Please note that any contract for the supply of goods/services will be made between you and the provider of the goods/services; not with the National Residential Landlords Association or any of its associated companies. The NRLA has no liability in relation to any contract entered into by you as the NRLA only acts as an introducer.