Housing Benefit Underpayment
Housing Benefit Overpayment

0 Thanks
1 Posts
7 years ago
I have a tenant a single Mum with 2 children who should be entitled to a 2 bed rate £150 per week and her brother (under 25) is living with her and should be entitled to a shared room rate £61.50 per week. The council however have said they have split the rent which is £600 pcm between them and awarded her £300 pcm and the brother £246 which is the shared rate leaving a shortfall which they cant afford to pay.

How can I go about appealing this decision?

Many thanks

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.