Housing Benefit Tenants

0 Thanks
2 Posts
2 weeks ago


I have a prospective tenants who is retired and on state pension. He wants to rent my property and he said he is on housing benefit. Please what is the procedure?

I do not usually rent to tenants on benefits and I am unsure how it works. He says he can get the council to pay me directly. Is that possible?

Also, the one month and 5 weeks deposit how will that work too? Will the council pay both payments?

Does the council pay the full rent of the property?



Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.