Getting HB tenant to pay rent in advance
Housing Benefit Overpayment

nicest landlord
nicest landlord
370 Thanks
1,294 Posts
3 years ago

Of my housing benefit tenants I have just one who I still allow to pay the rent in arrears rather than upfront. I do get direct payment from the council.
I think I want to withdraw this privilege and get her to pay the rent strictly as the ast requires and as all other tenants do.
I think I will write giving her 2 months to make the change. Is that fair?
She is 18 months into a 24 month fixed term in which I have tolerated payment in arrears.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.