tenants rent a property as a couple then split up.
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
1 Posts
4 months ago

I let a flat to a couple, both were named tenants, within a couple of months they had split up with him remaining at the flat and paying the rent with housing benefit. He is now requesting a new tenancy without his partner named on it, this is all within the first 12 months contract. I was just wondering can I demand that he submits the old tenancy and I furnish him with a new tenancy under his name or are there any other legalities involved here?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.