Can I serve s21 without going to court?
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

0 Thanks
2 Posts
3 months ago

I am homeless landlord. Tenant not paid rent for 4 months. I sent them email on 9th April to quit and they refused to go saying they want formal notice to quit. I told them email was a written notice as I had no access to technology to print out or use resources on here. I am now back in the country. I have completed s21 but Do I need to take it to court before serving the tenant. I also don’t have permission from my mortgage company to continue renting. Does that mean my tenants are trespassing?

Unfortunately I can’t act quickly due to my poor health and I have no one else to help me.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.