Submitting a CCJ for Rent Arrears
Rent Arrears

0 Thanks
1 Posts
1 month ago


One of our tenants left on 1st April 2021 with rent arrears. They did not reply to any correspondence requesting payment so on 15th July 2021 we submitted a Small Claims for non payment of rent arrears for £1,494.93 including interest. On 17th July 2021 the daughter of previous tenant replied stating that all correspondence must now go to her but she did not mention anything about paying the arrears off. On 25th July 2021 we sent a letter to the daughter stating how much is owed and stating that we have submitted a smalls claim because we have had no response.

The claim documentation sent to the previous tenant said "If you don’t respond before 4pm, 3 August 2021, you could get a default County Court Judgment (CCJ) made against you."

We are unsure in that, if the daughter or anyone responds, as she has, but does not settle or make arrangements to settle the full amount, can we go ahead and request the CCJ or do we have to wait another period before requesting?


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.