Redecorating after repairs to property

0 Thanks
3 Posts
2 months ago


I have a tenant who would like an outdoor socket fitted, which an electrician has quoted for however he has said that the fuse box is now out of spec and would need replaced. This is fine for me, and I was thinking of getting an EICR on the property voluntarily as the tenancy has been rolling since 2018 so im currently exempt.

If the report finds and requires remedial action within the 28 days, who would be responsible cost wise for decorating walls if they need chased, relaying laminate laid by the tenant etc.

I know maintenance and decorating is usually the responsibility of the tenants, and they are responsible for damage but what about when the damage is from required works?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.