Letting to students
What we will cover:
- Right to Rent checks
- Management Issues
- House contracts/meetings
- Communal area management
- Replacement tenants & deed of assignment
- Common parts
- Understand the process of letting to students
- Identify challenges that occur when managing student lets
- Highlight the specific management arrangements that should be in place when letting to students
Letting to students can be a challenging business model, so it is important to ensure you understand the core foundations of being a landlord but also the enhanced responsibilities involved when letting to students, from management issues to right to rent checks. The course navigates the complexities of managing student lets to give you the tools required to successfully manage student accommodation.
This training course qualifies for 3 continuous professional development (CPD) points which can help towards or maintain your accreditation with the NRLA. If you are interested in becoming an accredited landlord with the NRLA, CPD points are necessary to achieve that status.
NRLA Accreditation recognises landlords who have agreed to maintain professional standards in the management and maintenance of their rented property and deal fairly and professionally with their tenants. Accredited members demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of their responsibilities and obligations and strive to maintain, increase and improve their knowledge of the market through training and development. CPD points are awarded for all activities which improve those attributes and are a requisite of membership of the NRLA Accreditation Scheme.
For more details visit the accreditation section on the website.
- Landlords who are planning to or currently letting to students
- Letting agents and property managers who are planning to or currently letting to students