What we will cover:
- Pre-tenancy including EPCs, tax, insurance and accreditation
- Responsibilities and liabilities of a landlord/letting agent including tenancy agreements, HHSRS, gas safety, HMO and licensing
- Property standards including HHSRS, repairs, dampness and risk assessments
- Setting up a tenancy including types of tenancy, agreements, deposit and rent setting
- During the tenancy including periodic visits, tenant obligations, entry/refusal and anti-social behaviour
- Ending a tenancy including continuing tenancy, tenant wants to leave, landlord wants tenant to leave, possession and eviction
- Identify your legal obligations as a landlord throughout the entire lettings process
- Gain confidence in knowing what is required to comply with the various obligations you have
- Raise awareness of the consistent steps you will need to take as you move into each stage of the tenancy lifecycle
If you are letting a residential property it is crucial to have a legal understanding of the main issues involved. There are many requirements placed on landlords by the law, with failure to meet these leading to hefty fines and even criminal charges. Designed to take you through the complete lettings process from start to end of a tenancy, we cover all aspects of tenancy and property management; whether you are creating a tenancy, dealing with rent arrears or ensuring the safety of your property, the course will provide the clarification needed for landlords about your responsibilities and obligations, taking you through the key foundations of being a landlord in relation to both your property and your tenants.
As a requirement for NRLA accreditation, the course will also include an optional assessment which underpins the days learning. Upon successfully passing the assessment you will qualify for 5 core CPD points.
- New landlords
- Accidental landlords
- Established landlords who wish to refresh their knowledge
- Landlords requiring CPD points for accreditation