Water damage from tap overflow flat above, is tenant or landlord responsible to pay?

0 Thanks
14 Posts
1 week ago
Hello, the tenant of the flat above my property left a tap running in her flat and left for work. The water overflowed into my flat and has ruined the fire door completely (it's Oak veneer) The veneer has warped the inside part of the door expanded, the door needs replacing. I have contacted the Landlord and he said I need to pursue the tenant for the damages and it is not his responsibility as he didn't do it. I disagree, I think he should pay and recoup the cost from his tenant. What are your thoughts?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.