Immigration and Right to Rent
What we will cover:
- Overview of UK immigration law including EEA members and the right to free movement
- Outline of leave to enter/remain in the UK
- S22 Immigration Act 2014 and the 'right to rent' checks
- Indefinite and time limited right to rent
- Document checks and sample documents so landlords know what to look out for
- What landlords need to do to ensure compliance
- Home office assistance and enforcement
- Equality Act and how to avoid discrimination
- Interpret immigration law and relevance to the lettings industry
- Identify the requirements for right to rent checks
- Understand the Equality Act and how to ensure inclusivity in your lettings business
Despite a recent High Court ruling that Right to Rent regulations breach human rights, landlords are still obligated to carry them out. The course provides an overview of UK immigration law and the potential impact of Brexit. It explains the Right to Rent checks in detail to ensure you understand the process to avoid enforcement action. The criminal penalties have caused consternation but this course will provide you with the knowledge and understanding to perform right to rent checks and stay on the right side of the law.
This training course qualifies for 4 continuous professional development (CPD) points which can help towards or maintain your accreditation with the NRLA. If you are interested in becoming an accredited landlord with the NRLA, CPD points are necessary to achieve that status.
NRLA Accreditation recognises landlords who have agreed to maintain professional standards in the management and maintenance of their rented property and deal fairly and professionally with their tenants. Accredited members demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of their responsibilities and obligations and strive to maintain, increase and improve their knowledge of the market through training and development. CPD points are awarded for all activities which improve those attributes and are a requisite of membership of the NRLA Accreditation Scheme.
For more details visit the accreditation section on the website.
- All landlords
- All letting agents