Required Documentation upon sale of property to new landlord
Tenancy Types and Management

Landlord Dave
Landlord Dave
0 Thanks
3 Posts
2 weeks ago

I am shortly about to complete on the sale to two properties to separate Landlords. The tenants are remaining in the properties.
I understand that the new Landlord should issue the tenants with a Section 3, Landlord & Tenant Act 1985 form, and a Section 48, Landlord & Tenant Act 1987 form to notify them of the new Landlord.

However to my surprise even though this is a requirement of the new Landlord, we can still be prosecuted for breach of contract offences if these forms are not sent.
Is there any document that we can send either to the tenants similar to the Sec.3 form, or if not to the new landlord reminding them of their responsibility?

Many thanks for your assistance.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.