S257 HMOs (Westminster) - what is required?
HMO Licensing

Sarah Westminster
Sarah Westminster
0 Thanks
1 Posts
1 week ago

We are a share of freehold block of six flats over seven storeys in a converted Victorian house in Westminster. At any one time at least two and usually four flats are let using ASTs, so we might just escape the requirement but are likely, at some stage to have to get licensed. Our managing agent has informed us that Westminster City Council is introducing selective licensing including S257 HMO licensing. The agent has passed us the name of a recommended consultant. I have looked, but not managed to find out, what is needed for a S257. Google seems to indicate there are various fire requirements, and possibly an EiCR for the communal parts. The Westminster website seems to require you to start an application first, before you can see what they are expecting. We recently invested a lot of an up to date fire alarm system, so hope this will be sufficient, and we would be able to arrange an EiCR without using agents.

I will want to know more about fees, likely costs, how long any licence would last etc before making a recommendation to fellow owners. Does anyone have more details or a link? If so many thanks in advance.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.