Applying for a bailiff

Last updated 30 September 2021 - new fee for applications for a bailiff


Once you have obtained a possession order the tenant will be given a date to leave the property. The tenant has until midnight on that date to vacate the property. After that time the property should be checked to see whether the tenant remains in the property. If the tenant does remain in the property you cannot enter by yourself to retake possession.

If your tenant has not moved out then the next step is to enforce the possession order. Normally this is done by applying for a county court bailiff to visit the property to enforce the judgement.

How do I apply for a county court bailiff?

You can apply for a county court bailiff by sending an N325 form to the county court that issued the possession order. This document is free to download from the below link.

N325 form link

My possession order has not expired yet but I know my tenants will not be leaving the property. Can I apply for the bailiff before the order expires?

No, you must wait until the day after the date on which the possession order informs the tenants they must leave. 

Completion notes for the N325 form

The NRLA has produced completion notes to guide our members through completing this form.

Members only

Log in to download this
Log In