Landlord's gas safety responsibilities
On This Page
One of the key responsibilities for landlords renting a property is ensuring their property is safe to live in. Failure to comply with these landlord requirements is a criminal offence so it is essential to ensure the property is gas safe.
Landlords have a number of responsibilities in this area and this guide is designed to help you understand your responsibilities, the potential penalties for non-compliance, and some practical guidance on performing your duties as a landlord.
Members and guests only!
The rest of this guide is exclusive content for people who have registered their details on our website. It provides landlords with guidance regarding:
- Landlord responsibilities
- Tenant responsibilities
- Enforcement authorities for gas safety and the penalties for not complying
- How Section 21 notices are affected by the gas safety requirements
- Gas safety guidance for HMO properties
- How to legally access the property for gas safety inspections, and what to do if you cannot gain access.
- When, and how to obtain a gas safety certificate
- What to do if there is a gas safety risk at your property