Tax Investigation Insurance for Landlords

HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) routinely check tax returns to make sure they are correct. They may also decide to conduct an extensive examination of all areas of your tax affairs, including an in-depth review of your tax return records.

Free tax investigation cover – should you need it

These enquiries take time and money to sort out. Tax Investigation Insurance is designed to take away the burdens facing you should you be subject to an investigation.

The policy compensates you for professional costs whilst you are being represented. Terms and conditions apply.

How much does it cost?

Cover can cost over £100 per year, but for members it’s included as a part of your membership of the National Residential Landlords Association.

Terms and Conditions apply.

Qualifying Criteria

All current NRLA members receive the benefit of this valuable protection free of charge, as long as they meet the eligibility criteria. 

Reference Documents

Remember, when notifying the underwriters of a potential claim, make sure you have your NRLA membership number to hand. 

NRLA Tax Investigation Summary of Cover

Last updated: 27/07/2020 at 11:24 - 374.92 KB


What if I don't qualify?

If you don’t qualify for this benefit, you may still be able to obtain discounted Tax Investigation Insurance from our insurance providers as a result of your NRLA membership.

To obtain a bespoke quotation, please contact Hamilton Fraser on 0344 980 0299 or email who will respond to your enquiry within 5 working days.

Members only!

Log in for more information about the policy and how to make a claim.

Log in to access this
Log In