Energy Efficiency Regulations
Please note due to current restrictions, this course will be delivered online as an eClassroom course.
What we will cover:
- Drivers of energy efficiency in UK
- The energy efficiency regulations 2015
- Other statutes affecting energy efficiency including Housing Act and Climate Change Act
- Green Deal and grants funding streams
- Energy Performance certificates (EPC) changes
- The exemptions to the energy efficiency regulations and the need for care when using the exemptions register
- Understand the main legislation dealing with energy efficiency
- Understand the operation of the Green Deal and factors affecting ECO grants
- Seek funding to assist in carrying out improvement works
- Appreciate the importance of the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) and how to benefit from the changes in its production
From April 2018 the granting of a new tenancy for a property with an energy efficiency rating of less than Band E was banned; this was then extended to existing tenancies from April 2020. The course will look in detail at the impact of the Minimum Energy Efficiency regulations, the exemptions and how any necessary improvement could be funded at no expense to the landlord, including the Green Deal, ECO and the possible impact of Government intended direction of travel on energy efficiency.
This training course qualifies for 3 continuous professional development (CPD) points which can help towards or maintain your accreditation with the NRLA. If you are interested in becoming an accredited landlord with the NRLA, CPD points are necessary to achieve that status.
NRLA Accreditation recognises landlords who have agreed to maintain professional standards in the management and maintenance of their rented property and deal fairly and professionally with their tenants. Accredited members demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of their responsibilities and obligations and strive to maintain, increase and improve their knowledge of the market through training and development. CPD points are awarded for all activities which improve those attributes and are a requisite of membership of the NRLA Accreditation Scheme.
For more details visit the accreditation section on the website.
- All landlords
- All agents
- Property managers
- Anyone involved in property maintenance