What we will cover:
- How to accurately estimate building costs with techniques used by the large housebuilders
- How to undertake a property refurbishment project feasibility study, before exchange of contracts
- Leveraging and understanding the role of a quantity surveyor and architect
- Protecting yourself from builder disputes and sharp practice via a JCT contract
- A room by room design guide to add storage space for a refurb or existing property
- Choosing ‘long warranty’ fixtures & fittings, white goods, and anything with moving parts
- Interior design techniques and examples of the presenters’ projects and design ideas
- ‘How to’ and ‘where to’ purchase furniture, flooring, beds, white goods, paint, soundproofing, insulation, and anything with moving parts that are robust
- To professionalise property refurbishment projects, add value, avoid builder disputes, cost over-runs and poor workmanship
- To help you purchase the right fit-out and furnishing products most suitable for buy-to-let
- To help you source below true market value development projects, without using the internet
Challenges with project management, builder disputes, cost over-runs and poor workmanship are commonplace. The Property Refurbishment course covers how to reduce project risks, add value, improve design, increase insulation, and accomplish a professional relationship between you and your builder.
The aim is to help you finish your project on time, on budget, and develop a highly desirable property which is low maintenance and well insulated. We’ll identify the common reasons why many projects fail and explain the importance of engaging a quantity surveyor. We also look at the journey of sourcing your next project, your negotiating skills, and explain, via case-studies, how to source property not available on the internet, auctions or on the open market in any way whatsoever. You’ll learn how to complete an accurate valuation, so you hit the ground running, by buying the right project, at the right price, genuinely off-market.
The course also looks at post refurbishment: interior design, furnishings and fit-outs with a list of suggested product names/brands with longer warranties to purchase such as appliances, furniture, bedding, storage, flooring, soundproofing, paint, kitchens, bathrooms, lighting, CCTV and insulation to help you choose robust products with longer warranties.
Novice or experienced landlords interested in reducing project risk-management, and learning the trade secrets, tools, strategies, and mindsets of credible property developers.