What we will cover:
- How large housebuilders estimate building costs
- How to complete a development feasibility study
- How to prepare and cost for new EPC legalisation
- Where to find Permitted Development opportunities
- Learn to protect yourself from builder disputes
- Room-by-room design guide to add-value
- Instructing quantity surveyors, architects & building surveyors
- Where to find the best deals on materials, fit outs & appliances
- Advice on software and tools to manage projects
- Includes a workbook written by an expert developer
- To show how to add value, avoid cost over-runs and builder disputes
- To teach you to reduce risk and accurately cost a project before exchange
- To help identify & source below true market value development projects
One of our most popular events, this is a concise and detailed course presented by Henry Davis, a straight-talking MBA educated developer, author, and portfolio landlord of 34 years’ experience. He has several active building sites of which these and his past developments form part of the case studies.
Challenges with evaluating projects, scheduling works, builder disputes and budgeting are common. This Property Refurbishment course explains how to find new sites, reduce project risk, add value, improve design, and explore the primary reasons why projects fail. We'll cover how to complete a development appraisal, sign a contract with a builder, assess build costs, write a schedule of works and a specification list. We also look at popular software tools used by seasoned experts to improve your management, organisation and productivity
The aim is to help you to professionalise and finish your project on time, on budget, and develop a highly desirable property which is low maintenance and well insulated considering upcoming EPC legalisation changes. Learn how to instruct quantity surveyors, architects and builders and reduce risk by engaging the right professionals before exchange of contracts. You'll also gain insight into sourcing your next project, improving negotiating skills, and we'll explain, via case-studies, how to buy property not available on the internet, auctions or on the open market in any way whatsoever. You’ll learn how to professionalise due diligence with cutting-edge data not available on the Land Registry, to facilitate an accurate property valuation, so you hit the ground running, by buying the right project, at the right price, using actionable and doable strategies.
Includes a detailed workbook/toolkit with room-by-room case study, real example layouts, designs, and floorplans. This 100-page toolkit also includes buying lists showing ‘how-to’ and ‘where-to’ purchase long warranty, fixtures & fittings, furniture, flooring, beds, white goods, insulation, kitchens and more.
Novice or experienced landlords interested in reducing project risks, and learning the trade secrets, tools, strategies, and mindsets of credible developers.