What we will cover:
- Maintaining relationships with both tenants and landlords
- Agency services
- The lettings process
- From marketing, sourcing tenants, tenancy obligations and ending the tenancy
- Terms of business and contracts
- Drafting contracts and CMA guidance on the Law of Agency
- Tax obligations
- Dealing with complaints
- Requirements for redress
- Understand the legislation governing the industry
- Learn practical tips on relationship management and other industry best practice
- An overview of the entire lettings process and the regulations that must be followed
- Awareness of agent obligations to both landlord and tenant
As landlords have increasing regulations to follow the Letting Agent is required to be fully knowledgeable on all areas of relevant law. This course will help you avoid unnecessary legal action and minimise problems from arising. Ideal for Letting Agents new to the sector along with those with more experience, it serves as both an introduction to the Private Rented Sector and a refresher. We will guide you through the key processes involved when creating and setting up a tenancy right through to managing and ending tenancies and clarify the legal requirements of an agent.
As a requirement for NRLA accreditation, the course will also include an optional assessment which underpins the learning. Upon successfully passing the assessment you will qualify for 5 core CPD points. The successful completion of the assessment may be required for various licensing schemes. Please consult your local authority for clarification.
NRLA Accreditation recognises landlords who have agreed to maintain professional standards in the management and maintenance of their rented property and deal fairly and professionally with their tenants. Accredited members demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of their responsibilities and obligations and strive to maintain, increase and improve their knowledge of the market through training and development. CPD points are awarded for all activities which improve those attributes and are a requisite of membership of the NRLA Accreditation Scheme.
For more details visit the accreditation section on the website.
- New letting agents
- Anyone letting/managing property on behalf of a landlord