*Brand new revised eLearning content for 2021*
What we will cover:
- Pre-tenancy and liabilities for EPCs, tax and insurance
- Responsibilities of a landlord surrounding tenancy agreements, fees ban, gas safety, HMOs and licensing
- Property standards including HHSRS, repairs, dampness and risk assessments
- Setting up different types of tenancy agreements, deposits and rent setting
- Obligations during the tenancy including periodic visits, tenant obligations, and anti-social behaviour
- Ending a tenancy with the relevant notices, what to do if the tenant wants to leave, possession and eviction
- Identify your legal obligations as a landlord throughout the entire lettings process
- Gain confidence in knowing what is required to comply with the various obligations you have
- Raise awareness of the consistent steps you will need to take as you move into each stage of the tenancy lifecycle
If you are letting a residential property it is crucial to have a legal understanding of the main issues involved. There are many requirements placed on landlords by the law, with failure to meet these leading to hefty fines and even criminal charges. Designed to take you through the complete lettings process from start to end of a tenancy, we cover all aspects of tenancy and property management; whether you are creating a tenancy, dealing with rent arrears or ensuring the safety of your property, the course will provide the clarification needed for landlords about your responsibilities and obligations, taking you through the key foundations of being a landlord in relation to both your property and your tenants.
As a requirement for NRLA accreditation, the course will also include an optional assessment which underpins the learning. The assessment comprises of 24 multiple choice questions delivered via our eLearning platform. The time limit is 30 minutes and the pass mark is 75%. eClassroom delegates will be emailed log in details for the assessment on the day of the course and will have 30 days to complete it. eLearning delegates have until the course licence runs out to complete the assessment. Upon successfully passing the assessment you will qualify for 5 core CPD points which will be automatically recorded in your accreditation record. The successful completion of the assessment may be required for various licensing schemes. Please consult your local authority for clarification.
NRLA Accreditation recognises landlords who have agreed to maintain professional standards in the management and maintenance of their rented property and deal fairly and professionally with their tenants. Accredited members demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of their responsibilities and obligations and strive to maintain, increase and improve their knowledge of the market through training and development. CPD points are awarded for all activities which improve those attributes and are a requisite of membership of the NRLA Accreditation Scheme.
For more details visit the accreditation section on the website.
- New landlords
- Accidental landlords
- Established landlords who wish to refresh their knowledge
- Landlords requiring core CPD points for accreditation