Rent Smart Wales Landlord Licensing
What we will cover:
- The licensing requirements and code of practice for Rent Smart Wales
- How to effectively prepare and set up a tenancy
- The legal obligations for keeping property in good repair
- The requirements for serving notice and ending a tenancy legally
- Apply the requirements under the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016
- Understand the legal obligations of a landlord throughout the letting process
- Outline the statutory requirements for managing a tenancy effectively
All self-managing landlords must hold a licence issued by Rent Smart Wales. The NRLA is an approved training provider to deliver this course which forms part of the licence application and has been awarded high assurance for the quality of delivery. Please refer to the Rent Smart Wales website for more information regarding the licence application. You will be required to complete an assessment once you have completed the course and your certificate will be available to download upon successful completion. If you are not successful on your first attempt you will be able to re-purchase the course.
Agents are required to complete a different course, for more information, please click here.
As a requirement for Rent Smart Wales Licensing, the course will also include an mandatory assessment which underpins the days learning. Upon successfully passing the assessment you will qualify for 5 core CPD points which can also be used towards NRLA Accreditation
NRLA Accreditation recognises landlords who have agreed to maintain professional standards in the management and maintenance of their rented property and deal fairly and professionally with their tenants. Accredited members demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of their responsibilities and obligations and strive to maintain, increase and improve their knowledge of the market through training and development. CPD points are awarded for all activities which improve those attributes and are a requisite of membership of the NRLA Accreditation Scheme.
For more details visit the accreditation section on the website.
- All landlords with property in Wales