Sheffield Selective Licensing
- The definition of licensing, article 4 and HMO
- How to obtain a licence including the fit and proper person test and satisfactory management functions
- Health and safety requirements for licensed properties, HHSRS, repair requirements, fire safety and enforcement
- Management of rental property from using agents, advertising, issuing tenancy agreements to dealing with problems and ending tenancies
- Understand the licensing conditions and how they impact your properties
- Apply the licensing conditions to your tenancies
- Gain knowledge on the legislation which landlords and agents must comply with
Sheffield City Council places great importance on the need for landlords and agents with properties within Sheffield Selective Licensing areas to undertake effective training. As part of the council's Selective Licence conditions there is a compulsory training requirement for landlords. This training will also be required where a landlord hasn't put into practice any previous training undertaken. Working in partnership with the NRLA, Sheffield City Council has developed a comprehensive training course to teach landlords all they need to know to satisfy their obligations under the Selective Licence conditions.
This is a free course for named licence holders and/or named managers of a property in the Selective Licencing area in Sheffield. Please complete the full booking process to ensure you reserve your place. Delegate’s names and details will be cross referenced and shared with Sheffield City Council.
This training course qualifies for 5 continuous professional development (CPD) points which can help towards or maintain your accreditation with the NRLA. If you are interested in becoming an accredited landlord with the NRLA, CPD points are necessary to achieve that status.
NRLA Accreditation recognises landlords who have agreed to maintain professional standards in the management and maintenance of their rented property and deal fairly and professionally with their tenants. Accredited members demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of their responsibilities and obligations and strive to maintain, increase and improve their knowledge of the market through training and development. CPD points are awarded for all activities which improve those attributes and are a requisite of membership of the NRLA Accreditation Scheme.
For more details visit the accreditation section on the website.
- Landlords owning property within the designated Selective Licensing areas in Sheffield
- Agents managing property within the designated Selective Licensing areas in Sheffield