What we will cover:
- Agency services
- Terms of business and contracts
- Drafting contracts and CMA guidance on the Law of Agency
- Tax obligations
- The lettings process
- Marketing, sourcing tenants, tenancy obligations and ending the tenancy
- Maintaining relationships with both tenants and landlords
- Dealing with complaints
- Requirements for redress
• Understand the legislation and regulations specifically impacting letting agents in the PRS
• Identify effective property management techniques and best practice for agents
• Highlight challenges faced by letting agents and how to overcome them
As landlords have increasing numbers of regulations to adhere to, agents must be equipped with a wealth of knowledge on all areas of the law in order to perform their role successfully. The course is designed specifically for Letting Agents and explores all areas of responsibility, as well as covering the lettings process from start to finish. For those new to the industry it will serve as a guide to the regulations you are required to comply with. An assessment is included to consolidate your learning.
The course content reflects the current Deregulation Act 2015 for properties in England only, currently there are no changes for properties in Wales.
This training course qualifies for 5 continuous professional development (CPD) points which can help towards or maintain your accreditation with the NRLA. If you are interested in becoming an accredited landlord with the NRLA, CPD points are necessary to achieve that status.
NRLA Accreditation recognises landlords who have agreed to maintain professional standards in the management and maintenance of their rented property and deal fairly and professionally with their tenants. Accredited members demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of their responsibilities and obligations and strive to maintain, increase and improve their knowledge of the market through training and development. CPD points are awarded for all activities which improve those attributes and are a requisite of membership of the NRLA Accreditation Scheme.
For more details visit the accreditation section on the website.
- New letting agents
- Anyone letting/managing property on behalf of a landlord