What we will cover:
- Identify ASB including legal definitions and the law
- Prevention of ASB by sound referencing, a strong tenancy agreement and anticipating problems
- Non-legal remedies for dealing with ASB including negotiation, mediation and gathering evidence
- Support available to victims
- Legal Remedies for dealing with ASB including Section 21, Section 8 grounds 14 and 7a and Injunctions to Prevent Nuisance and Annoyance (IPNAs)
- Understand what constitutes ASB and the different types of ASB that landlords and property managers face
- Identify way to tackle ASB in the PRS and understand steps to protect property
- Evaluate methods of gathering evidence of ASB possession claims
Dealing with anti-social behaviour (ASB) as a private landlord or agent can be stressful, time consuming and often costly. Low level anti-social behaviour such as smoking cannabis, noise nuisance or incorrect disposal of rubbish can be tricky to manage and eradicate. Higher level anti-social behaviour such as harassment, abuse or using the property for illicit purposes can destroy lives and livelihoods.
This training course qualifies for 1 continuous professional development (CPD) point which can help towards or maintain your accreditation with the NRLA. If you are interested in becoming an accredited landlord with the NRLA, CPD points are necessary to achieve that status.
NRLA Accreditation recognises landlords who have agreed to maintain professional standards in the management and maintenance of their rented property and deal fairly and professionally with their tenants. Accredited members demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of their responsibilities and obligations and strive to maintain, increase and improve their knowledge of the market through training and development. CPD points are awarded for all activities which improve those attributes and are a requisite of membership of the NRLA Accreditation Scheme.
For more details visit the accreditation section on the website.
- All landlords
- All agents
- Property Managers