Engage with your MP

On This Page


Writing directly to your MP as a constituent is a powerful and effective lobbying tool. Your MP has an obligation to read what you send them and reply to all reasonable requests, so letting them know what you think is worthwhile.

Whether this is about a local issue or the Government's position on a national issue, it pays to make your voice heard.

Contacting your MP

Why should I write to my MP?

While we make the case for landlords at the national and ministerial level, you can help build support for landlords by writing to your MP, explaining your concerns, and asking them to write to the Secretary of State on your behalf.

Your MP is your representative in Westminster. They have a duty to represent you as their constituent, and to reply to your concerns.

How should I contact my MP?

The easiest way to contact your MP is via our online tool below. This will automatically find your MP and ensure that your letter complies with parliamentary protocol.

However, if you would like to write your own personal letter, or you wish to contact your MP about something else, then you can find your MPs contact details via the MP directory on the Parliament website.

What should I write to my MP about?

You can write to your MP about things that concern you as landlord living and letting property in their constituency.

We have made it easier for you to do this by creating a number of template letters relevant to the rental reform campaign that you might want to use when lobbying your MP.

You can access these by downloading the ‘MP Template Letters’ document below. Copy and paste the text you want to use from the template letters into the online tool on this page and personalise it if you can.

Members only

The write to your MP tool is available once you have registered on the NRLA site. This tool helps you find your MP and advises you on what you should put in a letter to your MP.

Log in to use this
Log In