Call of the Week NRLA Advice Line 06/04/2021

Call of the Week: Types of HMO licence

A member gave us a call recently with a question about whether they would need to have an additional House of Multiple Occupation (HMO) licence for a property.

They told our adviser that they are considering renting out a two-storey property with three bedrooms. They are hoping to let the property out to four people, from three different households in the summer.

They said they thought this would be classed as a small HMO and wanted to find out whether they needed to obtain an additional licence for the property or not.

Members can view a list of current selective and additional licensing schemes via the NRLA 365 licensing tool.

Members only!

Login below to read our expert advice.

Log in to read this
Log In