Applying to court for a possession in Wales

On This Page

Last updated 31st March - N5b form now available for applications


Once your notice period has finished, if the contract-holders remain in the property, your next step will be to apply to court for a possession order. 

Depending on the type of notice served, you may apply for a possession order under the accelerated procedure, by filing a request for a hearing using the correct forms, or by applying online using Possession Claim Online.

To help with this, the NRLA has produced some guidance on applying for a possession order.


At the time of writing, not all of the available routes to court are working in Wales. This makes it more difficult to apply to court. Similarly, a number of the prescribed forms have potentially misleading explanatory information included on them.

With that in mind, while we have produced this guidance we would strongly recommend you employ a solicitor or an eviction specialist. Especially if you are seeking possession on a contract that began before 1st December 2022.

Members only

The rest of this page provides information on which court forms to use after you have served notice. The page also has some resources on completing these court forms.

Log in to read this
Log In

N5B Form

The new accelerated possession form has now been published and landlords may use this form to apply to court in the above cases. 

The NRLA is working on its own completion notes. However, in the meantime, you can access the completion notes from the Government at this link, along with the form itself.