Rentguard Landlord Insurance

Landlord Insurance provided by Rentguard helps UK residential landlords let rental properties with confidence.

Rentguard has vast experience handling insurance policies for a wide range of landlords, working with a number of specialist insurers. With over 20 years of experience providing landlord insurance, we can help to provide suitable cover for your property, its contents, and your liabilities.

You can speak to our team by calling 0333 000 0169.

NRLA landlords can benefit from the following:

Buildings and/or contents insurance for residential let properties

Access to our UK-based specialist customer service team

Quotes provided by a panel of A-Rated insurers*, including Ageas, Pen, Highway, and NIG

Instant online quotes for properties that our panel of insurers are able to cover**

Cover for unoccupied properties, non-standard construction, and residential lets

Cover for various tenant types, including working people, asylum seekers, students, and those receiving Housing Benefit or Universal Credit

Cover is subject to the full terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of our policy wordings.

If you are looking for a quote, give Rentguard Insurance a call on 0333 000 0169 or get a quote online and we will provide you with a suitable policy to meet your needs.

*Independent ratings from third party rating companies. Correct as at August 2023.

**If an online quote needs referring to an underwriter, then online purchase is not available and you will need to speak to a member of our specialist team.

Insurance renewal reminders with Rentguard

Register for a reminder to take out an insurance policy with Rentguard, and you'll be automatically entered into a prize draw for the chance to win a smart home gadget bundle valued at £500.*

The bundle, featuring a Ring doorbell and security camera, is designed to help you and your tenants safeguard your property and belongings.

How does it work?

  1. Register for an insurance renewal reminder using the link below. (You’ll automatically be entered into our prize draw!)
  2. Receive an email or a call around 21 days before your renewal date, to discuss a quotation.
  3. Purchase insurance comfortably ahead of your renewal date.

Register now

*Terms and conditions

An insurance provider who understands your needs

In need of rent protection?

We can also provide quotes for Legal Expenses and Rent Guarantee Insurance, for when your tenants can’t or won’t pay the rent.

These are brief product descriptions only. Please refer to the policy documentation paying particular attention to the terms and conditions, exclusions, warranties, subjectivities, excesses and any endorsements.

Trustpilot customer reviews

I've been using Rentguard for over a decade. They are always helpful. Their reminders always arrive in plenty of time. On the phone, their agents are always helpful & positive, and know their products and suppliers well. Over the years, each one has been able to find lower priced deals, whilst still maintaining the required levels of coverage.

Mr Harris, 28th March 2023

I have used Rentguard for a number of years - the renewal process is always very straight forward and it is always very easy to talk to the team on the phone. The people who answer the phone have always been able to quickly resolve my queries.

Nina Griffith, 30th January 2023

Rentguard are so quick and efficient when I am using their online quoting system. If the online system cannot quote I will be called promptly and the member of staff will check if any insurers are able to quote.

Emma Cowen, 15th September 2023

Latest Articles

What types of property damage can cost landlords the most to fix?

There are a range of costs to consider when managing a rental property, including those associated with maintaining the property. An unexpected accident, emergency or natural disaster can leave you in a tough spot. That’s why having suitable landlord insurance can help keep you covered and offers you a financial safety net. NRLA partner, Rentguard outlines this guide on what can be the most costly damages to properties.

Partners and Suppliers Jack Vlasto 27/03/2024
What types of property damage can cost landlords the most to fix?

What are the most common risks landlords face?

As a landlord, there are a wide range of risks that you might face, whether that’s unreliable tenants, the rising costs associated with rental properties, or maintenance issues and damage within your property. Because of this, protecting your property from financial risks can be vital for managing a smooth and successful rental business. Understanding what to look out for and having suitable landlord insurance can help. Jack Vlasto from NRLA insurance partner, Rentguard tells us more.

Partners and Suppliers Jack Vlasto 31/01/2024
What are the most common risks landlords face?

Tips to avoid winter property maintenance issues

Winter is here and it’s important as a landlord to ensure your properties are prepared for a cold snap. NRLA insurance partner Rentguard shares advice for landlords on how to keep your property well-maintained over winter.

Partners and Suppliers Jack Vlasto 04/12/2023
Tips to avoid winter property maintenance issues

A guide to guarantors for residential tenancies

Jack Vlasto, of NRLA insurance partner Rentguard, explains more about what responsibilities guarantors have, who can be a guarantor, and Legal Expenses and Rent Guarantee Insurance.

Partners and Suppliers Jack Vlasto 16/10/2023
A guide to guarantors for residential tenancies

Protecting your property investment from financial pitfalls

There are a range of factors to consider when it comes to insuring your property, from the location and type of building to the renters who live there. Our partners at Rentguard have shared their most frequent received enquiries with the relevant advice, to help you ensure your property investment is protected from financial pitfalls.

Partners and Suppliers Jack Vlasto 01/08/2023
Protecting your property investment from financial pitfalls

Members only

Log in to access your NRLA member only discounted quote engine.

Log in to read this
Log In

National Residential Landlords Association is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered Office: Spectrum Building, 55 Blythswood Street, Glasgow, G2 7AT. Registered in Scotland. Company Number: SC108909. Rentguard is a trading name of Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited.