Hamilton Fraser

Total Landlord Insurance

Whether you have a single property or a portfolio, Hamilton Fraser Total Landlord Insurance has a property insurance policy that will give you value for money and the required protection to support your business requirements.

What is landlord insurance?

Landlord insurance is an insurance policy that covers a landlord from financial losses connected with their rental property. It typically offers a range of different covers grouped into one policy to provide comprehensive protection for landlords.

No two buy to let policies are the same

As a landlord, your rental property is a huge investment and protecting it against the unthinkable is essential. Whether you are renting a property to a single tenant or a house in multiple occupation, it is important to make sure that you are fully protected.

Standard home insurance isn’t designed for rental properties – you need specialist landlord insurance that will provide cover whether your property is vandalised or damaged by a flood. With so many landlord insurance products available, finding the right policy with the right level of cover can be difficult, especially as no two policies are the same.

Hamilton Fraser Total Landlord Insurance was created to meet the needs of landlords by offering two simple policies – Essential and Premier. Both policies have been designed to give you the peace of mind that you are covered if the worst should happen. We offer easy to understand insurance for landlords without sacrificing high quality buy to let cover and at great price.

Why choose us?

  • Exceptional landlord insurance, with Hamilton Fraser Total Landlord Insurance being named the 'Best Landlord Insurance Provider' for an unprecedented three years in a row at the Insurance Choice Awards
  • We don’t penalise you for your renting choices. Uniquely our policies accommodate for housing benefit tenants, students, houses in multiple occupation and working tenants with no difference in cover or price
  • A ‘same name claim handler’ service is available, providing access to a dedicated adviser each time you call – 96% of customers would recommend us after a claim

Call us for a quote

For a competitive quote and to discuss your insurance needs please call 0344 980 0299 or get your quote online.

What’s covered?

Landlord buildings cover

Both our Essential and Premier policies cover structural damage to the building caused by fire, flood and storm damage. Our Premier policy also includes theft, accidental damage or malicious damage by tenants and their guests at no extra cost, giving you piece of mind that you are covered for damage, be it by theft, accident or malice. We also provide full cover between tenancies for up to 90 days.

Landlord contents cover

Our landlord contents insurance cover will ensure that you are not left out of pocket if the worst should happen to your furnishings in your rental property. Our Premier policy includes malicious damage, theft by tenants and their guests and even extends to gardening equipment as standard.

Loss of rent cover

Both our policies include loss of rent or alternative accommodation (30% of buildings sum insured on the Premier policy, and 20% of buildings sum insured on the Essential policy) to cover any eventualities where your property becomes non-tenantable for your tenants following a valid insurance claim such as a burst pipe.

Accidental damage cover

Accidents happen, and by their very nature they are impossible to prevent completely. Our Premier policy covers accidental damage by tenants and their guests for buildings should they accidentally leave the taps running or put their foot through the ceiling.

Landlord insurance FAQs

1. What does landlord insurance cover?

Landlord insurance will usually cover your buildings and contents for accidental damage such as a broken window or a sink that has come away from the wall, theft by forced entry, full cover between tenancies, trace and access and theft of keys or replacement locks.

Landlord insurance will also cover you for loss of rent or alternative accommodation in the event that your property is non-habitable and property owner’s liability to cover you for things like an injury at the property or damage to possessions.

A more comprehensive policy, like our Premier policy, will offer cover such as malicious damage by tenants, removal of nests, landlords’ gardening equipment and outbuilding cover, denial of access cover and employer’s liability cover.

2. Do I have to have landlord insurance?

There is no legal obligation for a landlord to take out a dedicated insurance policy. However, a standard home insurance policy isn’t designed for rental properties – you need specialist landlord insurance that will provide you with adequate cover in the event that your property is vandalised or your tenant is injured on your property.

3. Why do I need landlord’s insurance?

Although landlord’s insurance is not compulsory, a dedicated policy designed for landlords will provide specific cover for your rental property. Landlord’s insurance will cover you for many of the same things that your home insurance does but it will also cover the risks that come with a buy to let such as buildings, contents and loss of rent cover.

4. How much does landlord insurance cost?

The cost of your landlord insurance depends on the level of risk your property presents. Factors that can influence the cost of your landlord insurance include the type of property, property location, the level of cover you need, any extras such as employer’s lability cover and claims history.

Members only!

Log in to access your NRLA member only discounted quote engine. 

Log in to access this
Log In

Please note that any contract for the supply of goods/services will be made between you and the provider of the goods/services; not with the National Residential Landlords Association or any of its associated companies. The NRLA has no liability in relation to any contract entered into by you as the NRLA only acts as an introducer.